Università della Svizzera italiana (USI) > Formazione per professionisti
Aggiunto a miOriento
Descrizione della formazione
The overall objective of this Master is to facilitate the transition from multicultural situations perceived as problematic or with scarce potential towards intercultural ones. Intercultural situations are characterized by encounters, mutual respect and the valorisation of diversity by individuals or groups of individuals identifying with different cultures. By making the most of cultural differences we can improve intercultural communication in civil society, in public institutions and in the business world.
This program has three objectives:
- to provide multi- and interdisciplinary tools to analyze multicultural situations;
- to enable the acquisition of the necessary competence and skills for preventing, mediating and resolving conflicts issuing from multicultural situations;
- to raise participants' awareness of their own culture and the culture of others.
Piano di formazione
- An Interdisciplinary Theory of Intercultural Communication
- Difference, Meaning, and Communication: Semiotic Approaches
- Intercultural Training and Education
- Business, Markets, and Human Resources
- Emerging Economies and Their Cultures
- Intercultural Communication Research Methods
- Culturally-centered Approaches to Development
- Integration: Difference, Diversity, and Dialogue
- Diversity in the Media
- Law and Multiculturality
- International Organisations
- Migration as a Challenge to Democracy
- Policies and Processes of Integration in Society
- Contemporary Governance of International Migration
- Migration and Health
- Multiculturalism and Integration
- Psychology of Prejudice and Stereotyping
Condizioni d'ammissioneAdmission | USI Master of Advanced Studies MIC //
Bachelors or higher degree from a university or Federal Institute of Technology Diploma awarded by a university-level professional school or an equivalent title plus adequate professional experience;
Professionals with significant experience in the intercultural field and who do not hold academic titles can be admitted on the basis of their professional curriculum.
Master of Advanced Studies - MAS (20 modules/60 ECTS): CHF 19'500
One module (2.5 ECTS) CHF 1'200
- Master of Advanced Studies MAS (incl. MBA, EMBA)
Master of Advanced Studies in Intercultural Communication - MAS to students who have successfully completed all modules and their personal project (60 ECTS).
Students who attend one or more modules will receive a Certificate of Attendance for each module successfully completed, carrying the corresponding ECTS.
Luogo / indirizzo
- Lugano (TI)
The MIC programs are multicultural in its essence and therefore it has study trips to Thailand, Lebanon and within Switzerland.
6 weeks of classes, held at Università della Svizzera italiana in Lugano, Switzerland. The Executive Center is entirely reserved for Executive Masters, which is an exclusive part of the university.
1 week of classes will be held at American University of Beirut, Lebanon.
1 week of classes will take place in Lausanne, Switzerland, at the Swiss Institute for Comparative Law (ISDC). It will include visits to selected Swiss federal institutions in Bern and international organizations in Geneva.
1 week of courses will take place at Kasetsart University in Bangkok, Thailand.
*Locations are subject to change.
The total workload of the program is approximately 1800 hours, including 500 hours of face-to-face instruction, 900 hours of individual work preparing for seminars, reviewing study materials and writing course papers, as well as 400 hours dedicated to the MIC Personal Project.
- Parallelamente all'attività professionale
Lingua di insegnamento
Informazioni / contatto
Master of advanced studies in Intercultural Communication (MIC)
Via Buffi 13
Tel. 058 666 46 52